- Theory and methods for problems arising in robust stability, optimization and quantization
- Co-winner of the Kurt Friedrichs Prize for the best thesis, Courant Institute of New York University.
In the pipeline …
- Why Random Reshuffling Beats Stochastic Gradient Descent (with Asu Ozdaglar and Pablo Parrilo), Submitted.
Global Convergence Rate of Proximal Incremental Aggregated Gradient Methods, (with D. Vanli and A. Ozdaglar), In Revision, 2017.
- On the convergence rate of the incremental gradient and Newton method (with A. Ozdaglar and P. Parrilo), Submitted.
- Surpassing Gradient Descent Provably: A Cyclic Incremental Method with Linear Convergence Rate (with A. Mokthari and A. Ribiero), Submitted, 2016.
- Convergence rate of incremental aggregated gradient algorithms (with Asu Ozdaglar and Pablo Parrilo), SIAM Journal on Optimization, 2017.
- Approximating the real structured stability radius with Frobenius-bounded perturbations via spectral value sets (with N. Guglielmi, T. Mitchell and M. Overton), SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications. Slides
- A new globally convergent incremental Newton method (with Asu Ozdaglar and Pablo Parrilo), Math. Programming, 2015.
- Polynomial Root Radius Optimization with Affine Constraints (with Julie Eaton, Sara Grundel and Michael Overton), Math. Programming, 2015.
- Fast approximation of the H-infinity norm via Optimization over Spectral Value Sets (with Nicola Guglielmi and Michael L. Overton), Siam Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, 2013.
- Some regularity results for the pseudospectral abscissa and pseudospectral radius of a matrix (with M.L. Overton), Siam Journal on Optimization, 2013.
- Explicit Solutions for Root Optimization of a Polynomial Family With One Affine Constraint (with V.D. Blondel, A. Megretski and M.L. Overton), IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2012.
- On Nesterov’s Nonsmooth Chebyschev-Rosenbrock Functions (with M.L. Overton), Journal of Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods, Applications, Special Issue: Variational Analysis and Its Applications, Invited paper, 2011.
- When Cyclic Coordinate Descent Outperforms Randomized Coordinate Descent (with A. Ozdaglar, P. Parrilo and N. D. Vanli), NIPS, Accepted with Spotlight invitation, 2017.
- Avoiding Communication in Proximal Methods for Convex Optimization Problems, (with Saeed Soori, Aditya Devarakonda, James Demmel and Maryam Mehri Dehnavi), Submitted to IEEE IPDPS Conference, 2017.
- Decentralized Computation of Effective Resistances and Acceleration of Consensus Algorithms (with N.S. Aybat), IEEE GlobalSIP Conference, 2017.
- A Double Incremental Aggregated Gradient Method with Linear Convergence Rate for Large-scale Optimization (with A. Mokthari and A. Ribiero), 42nd IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2017.
- A Simple Proof for the Iteration Complexity of the Proximal Gradient Algorithm (with D. Vanli and A. Ozdaglar), NIPS Optimization Workshop, 2016.
- Polynomial Stabilization with Bounds on the Controller Coefficients, 8th IFAC Symposium on Robust Control Design (ROCOND), 2015.
- Explicit Solutions for Root Optimization of a Polynomial Family (with V.D. Blondel, A. Megretski and M.L. Overton), Proceedings of the 49th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC 2010).