- Theory and methods for problems arising in robust stability, optimization and quantization
- Co-winner of the Kurt Friedrichs Prize for the best thesis, Courant Institute of New York University.
In the pipeline …
- When Cyclic Coordinate Descent Beats Randomized Coordinate descent (with A. Ozdaglar and D. Vanli), Submitted, 2017.
- Why Random Reshuffling Beats Stochastic Gradient Descent (with Asu Ozdaglar and Pablo Parrilo), 2015.
- On the convergence rate of the incremental gradient and Newton method (with Asu Ozdaglar and Pablo Parrilo), 2015.
- Approximating the real structured stability radius with Frobenius-bounded perturbations via spectral value sets (with N. Guglielmi, T. Mitchell and M. Overton), Submitted to SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications. Slides
- Surpassing Gradient Descent Provably: A Cyclic Incremental Method with Linear Convergence Rate (with A. Mokthari and A. Ribiero), Submitted to SIAM Journal on Optimization, 2016.
- Convergence rate of incremental aggregated gradient algorithms (with Asu Ozdaglar and Pablo Parrilo), SIAM Journal on Optimization, 2017. Accepted.
- A new globally convergent incremental Newton method (with Asu Ozdaglar and Pablo Parrilo), Math. Programming, 2015.
- Polynomial Root Radius Optimization with Affine Constraints (with Julie Eaton, Sara Grundel and Michael Overton), Math. Programming, 2015.
- Fast approximation of the H-infinity norm via Optimization over Spectral Value Sets (with Nicola Guglielmi and Michael L. Overton), Siam Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, 2013.
- Some regularity results for the pseudospectral abscissa and pseudospectral radius of a matrix (with M.L. Overton), Siam Journal on Optimization, 2013.
- Explicit Solutions for Root Optimization of a Polynomial Family With One Affine Constraint (with V.D. Blondel, A. Megretski and M.L. Overton), IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2012.
- On Nesterov’s Nonsmooth Chebyschev-Rosenbrock Functions (with M.L. Overton), Journal of Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods, Applications, 2011.
- Decentralized Computation of Effective Resistances and Acceleration of Consensus Algorithms, Submitted, 2017.
- A Double Incremental Aggregated Gradient Method with Linear Convergence Rate for Large-scale Optimization (with A. Mokthari and A. Ribiero), 42nd IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP) 2017.
- A Simple Proof for the Iteration Complexity of the Proximal Gradient Algorithm (with D. Vanli and A. Ozdaglar), NIPS 2016.
- Polynomial Stabilization with Bounds on the Controller Coefficients, 8th IFAC Symposium on Robust Control Design (ROCOND), 2015.
- Explicit Solutions for Root Optimization of a Polynomial Family (with V.D. Blondel, A. Megretski and M.L. Overton),Proceedings of the 49th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC 2010).